Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Moving Forward

Friendship is a funny thing in life. It is so because I have observed especially lately in my life that for some people, for some unfortunate people, friendships are just a phase. I mean, rather than being a fulfilling relationship in one's life, it becomes only an event at one point of life. And then, the friends just move forward, or the unfortunate people move forward pass one another.

I have seen a lot of other people who have stable friendships for as long as they live, and it's a good thing. But for the other ones, friends come and go. No matter how much "you're my best friend" that has been declared, or how many outings that have been planned and done, they are still a phase. Some of those unfortunate people might be OK with it, maybe because they could easily find friends everywhere they go. But for some other unfortunate people, they suffer through it.

I don't know, I have been asking for those unfortunate people, what makes them fall into this pit? Shyness? Introversion? Maybe if they are good people, they might be chronically shy, so it kinda thwarts the likelihood of making new friends. If they are bad people, well, then, it's because of their "badness."

But I'm talking about the unfortunate good people who experience having phased friendships. People rarely notice them, and people rarely acknowledge that what they are going through as a crisis. But they do go through this, and they do suffer through it. And I'm sure those out there who committed suicide belonged to this group of people.

So, I'd like to call out this group of people and wish them the best in life. I hope that they find what they are looking for and never ever give up in the midst of the dark tunnel. I wish they are granted the one, at least one, friend who could offer support whereever they go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm lucky because i'm a muslim.
so suicide is not in the option.
yup some 'friends' make empty promises, only contact me when they need some help or sell something.

always depress because sometimes due to jealousy.. jealous of others who have friends who really stick to their promises.

and sometimes, because my friends keep on posting how happy they spent their times with new friends and new life. so i always thought that i'm not fit enough for the friendship due to my weaknesses.

some people aren't meant for friendship, maybe i'm one of them.

Unknown said...

Salam, hey, I'm sorry that you go through that. Please do not say that you are not worthy of your friends. Maybe you have not found the right friends. Be strong and improve yourself continuously. I'm sure soon you'll find yourself with a good friend.