Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Adulthood

I've settled down and now I'm comfortable with the fact that I'm staying and studying in USM. Although the impression that I'd like to give was my decision was the right one, but I couldn't help but to feel scared, fearful about this whole thing. Really scared. The first moment I set my foot on USM, I already felt like things were going to be hard. Taking the course I'm not interested in, being in an unfamiliar place and blending in quite a remote environment, I never thought I'd end, even eventually, being an adult.

Finally, it took my mother's call to make me realize what I should be feeling instead of fear. My mother told me how she kept thinking about me and finally one of her own children actually moved out of the house, of the place, of the "safety zone," in a sense that shows I'm achieving something. She couldn't be prouder, and you know what, I shouldn't be too. It takes gut, as Wilhelmina said to Betty when the latter decided to quit her job at Mode, to do that. It takes gut to move out, live independently and start your journey as a full-time adult, not leeching off your parents.

So, from now on, I not just have to to train myself to be good in the field of Social Work, I also have to work very hard to succeed as an adult, because well, I'm an adult now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

xpa topek...insyaALLAH Allah permudahkan jalan kau..ameen ya Rabb..insyaALLAH...i'm sure u can survive it man!!~~

Unknown said...

terima kasih byk2!!

tp sapa ni ek? :)