Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

You Mad, Bro?

So, in these past few weeks, the FB page of my hometown was "shocked" with a picture of an Indian giving the middle finger to a frame containing the word 'Allah'. Upon the publishing of the photo, a lot of people (Muslims) commented angrily, which was normal I suppose because it was their -and my- God that the person in the photo was insulting. But some comments were disconcerting. They did not just express their anger, they expressed it offensively. When I saw those comments, I couldn't help but to wonder, what good does profanity do in this situation?

So, I tried to politely remind them that cursing wouldn't help a bit. But, they reacted by saying that I was backing up the person in the photo, that I was comparing themselves with the person, that I would be the person who would be spat in the face until I would reacted aggressively, etc. No, that's not the point! I was and still am angry at what the person did, it's childishness and blasphemous at its best, but I don't think cursing will help a thing, other than adding up the sins that you already gathered over the years on your left shoulder!


People would justify everything as long as they believe that they are on the right side. This is, again, where the phrase, "The end doesn't justify the means" is important to ponder upon. We know that the person in the photo insulted our God, but it doesn't give us the license to say anything we want without intelligence. I'm sure our Prophet wouldn't like that.

Still, I want the person in the photo to get punished for what he did. Maybe being fined, or doing some hours of community service in a mosque or something, I don't know, I'm not an expert in designing a punishment system, but yeah, he deserves to learn that religions are to be respected, no matter what religion you are.

No comments: