Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Clairvoyant Much

Something TV-ish happened to me a few days back when I was trying to get stamps for authentic copies for photocopies of my documents at Turkish embassy. When I went there, my Turkish friend, Alparslan helped me liaise with them and from their facial expression and voice tone, it didn't look or sound good. There were two officers working on that day and both of them had been amazing without my knowledge, especially I thought they were doing horrible job.

When one of the officers finally spoke to me in English, she said that to obtain stamps of authentic copies, RM35 was chargeable for each document and since I had 6 documents on that day, she charged me RM210, which was far beyond than my capacity. My face turned to something that technically showed, "I am strapped with money, lady! How am I supposed to pay it??" She actually could read it and asked Alparslan how my financial condition was. Of course he answered it wasn't good.

Then, because of my emotions, I became blind and somehow my emotions had been overinflated that I had the constant need to raise my voice to the level of yelling. The amazing part of these officers were they kept their professional and polite sense that they never reacted to my yelling. Then I went out to the place and I made it clear to Alparslan that I wanted to cancel all applications (yes, that was how emotional I was). Alparslan said that there must be something that we could do, there must be a solution. I made myself clear once again that it wasn't fixable and that NOTHING could be done to fix it.

Then, something hit me when Alparslan asked, "Okay, Taufik, tell me what kind of a solution that you really want to happen now?" I replied that those stamps were to be given for free, because of many good reasons I'd not want to list down now. Suddenly, a few minutes later, one of the officers called Alparslan and informed that he had talked to some people and I didn't have to pay for the stamps. He apologized for the inconvenience. I was very taken aback and never really thought how God materialized your prayers so quickly that way. I honestly believed how impossible it was for the solutions to happen, but then I hadn't learned that we weren't that much of a...

CLAIRVOYANT

No, we all are not clairvoyants. At best, we could predict the future by our knowledge in the past and present. Who are we to say what can or can not happen? Who are we to put ourselves in the position of giving up? We DO NOT deserve to give up. Perhaps that's why what is asked in the Day of Judgment is how much effort we have spent, not what we have got out of those efforts.

Then, I guess the common advices that I can repeat here after your sister, mom, or boss have said are be positive, and don't give up. It's as simple as it sounds, isn't it?

2 comments:

aiXat.MR said...

u are not?
ye ke?
kitorg betul2 igt u're one with that "ability"..

ye la kan..
sinaran mata mu yang tajam menusuk jauh ke dalam sanubari setiap insan..

fuhh.. psycho sungguh.
jgn marah taufik.
huhu
=P

Unknown said...

Eh, aku ye, org lain yg aku ckp tak...aku dpt tau setiap saat ko berfikirkan bende pelik...muahahahahaha...

berhati2 ngan aku...