Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Be a Control Freak!

Someone says,

"I don't know how to start..."
"Let me make a cup of coffee first..."
"I can't study with a blunt pencil, I want to sharpen it first..."
"Lemme read my e-mails first."
"I have another 10 hours to go, one hour of sleeping won't hurt."
"He's a man, he should make a move first!"
"I think the post office is close today..."
"I'll just start dieting in April, only one day to go."
"The job's a sale. I don't want sale."
"I wish I could go to Aquaria..."
"(Waking up and yawning) 5 more minutes... (ZzZzZz)"
"(After Mom pestering about cleaning the house) I'll get right on it! After this one Youtube video!"

So, what common thing do you think all these line (which are excerpted from me myself and people around me) are implying? Yes, they all show us PROCRASTINATION...

                                                   This art is basically my way to procrastinate... *sigh

Basically, procrastination is delaying something that can rightfully be done right about now. Usually, procrastination is associated with time, such as "5 more minutes," or "tomorrow" but most people don't realize that procrastination can be virtually almost anything, any form of activities that hold us back from doing the thing.

My latest procrastination is line no. 8. I was asked to accept a part-time job at KL. I told myself, go for it, don't say no. Then, when I went there, suddenly I was understood that the part-time job was sale for product "Skor A" under the Ministry of Education. The job was quite fine (well, I only thought so after I decline the offer) where I had to go to major universities and try to promote the products. I love universities so until now why I declined the offer, I couldn't decipher. Wait, my reason was I hate sales...

In my humble opinion, one thing related to procrastination is a lack of control in life. We let issues like "hating sales," or "blunt pencil," or "hungry stomach" control whether or not we're moving on that particular time. I regret until now that I didn't accept the part time offer while I knew completely how I need money to go to Turkey in April.

Therefore, to remind myself and the readers out there, lessen the tendency to procrastinate. Take control of your life, well, be a control freak on this, I think it's acceptable. One research has shown that happiness is enhanced when you perceive more control in life.

Take a look at this video (hope that it's not one of my reasons procrastinating from revising the driving lessons book now)...

2 comments:

ainShahajar said...

saya sedang dalam penyakit tersebut. pagi2 lagi dah delay keje.. bila ptg dah beku otak

sulu tak macam nih. mungkin bosan

abah cakap. bila pikir nak tangguh. sila pk kesan..hahaha

Unknown said...

bg saya, solution terbaik adalah bile dh ada procrastination tu, cepat2 bangun dr situ...bile dh bergerak walau bukan untuk wat keje tu, boleh membawa kepada wat bende tu... InsyaAllah... :)