Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Do You Enjoy or Suffer Being Infatuated?

In an entry in Psychology Today blogroll, infatuation is defined as "idealization of the new love, often followed by deflation and feelings of loss. Intense longing and yearning - especially when the person is unattainable or elusive." (para. 4).


But the same author also asserted that infatuation is a normal developmental process of a teenager, though people in their older age can experience infatuation every now and then. In another writing I can't remember where the source is, infatuation should be enjoyed, rather than seen as a suffering.





Well, this is my experience and feelings every time I am attacked by one of these infatuation monsters. I know that the people I'm infatuated with are unattainable, so it only gives depression rather than the high feeling as if you're on drugs. Well, I feel aroused and high some of the times, except that whenever the thought that I won't get the person pops up in mind, I become so tired and moody, and depressed of course. 


I want reassurance by the person and my life is more likely revolving around the person where changes might happen. The person is in my mind 24/7 and I am in a 'great' dilemma whether or not just say 'hi' in a message or just call or just do nothing. I have to force my life to do other activities in order to put that person to the back of mind, which is only working if I'm interested in the activities, or otherwise it'll only become a case of Pink Elephant Effect.


So, now you judge, whether being infatuated is an enjoyment, or well, a suffering. It's the latter obviously to me...


Source:


LaBier, D. (2010). Why your love life is a version of adolescent romance. Retrieved from Psychology Today: The New Resilience from http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-new-resilience/201004/why-your-love-life-is-version-adolescent-romance

5 comments:

askar-mas said...

I think u shuldn't b shame. Alwayz keep sabr and redha. It juz a test 4u 2keep move on. its like fatamorgana rite now. but u'll see de real 'sea' next tme.
No rezki 4dis time. Maybe there'll be much more better than recent offer soon. Remember we ever song... There ain't no other step...right in front de other. I promised u that... we keep marchin' on. 1day ak doa kau btul2 dpt k sn. ok.

Unknown said...

hehehe, aslam, thanks... tp aku rs mcm ko komen kat entry yg salah aje...huhuhu...

but you're right... betol ckp ko...rezeki mana2 aje...bukan skrg, mungkin kemudian...

askar-mas said...

Ooh..MMg pun. Tsilap ltak. mgkin xsbor nk motivate kau. Believe it u're in de right path...

Taufik infatuation wat is it in simple word? Is it some kind of our habit?

Unknown said...

infatuation tu maksudnya angau...kalu ko dh asyik teringat kat org tu, terjatuh cinta, asyik nak fikir sms ke tak, call ke tak...ko ingat die 24 jam...angau la tu namanya...

askar-mas said...

Owh...Mcm gila bayang la.Haha.