Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Mom's the Word

"Taufik, go clean up the bottom side of your bed now!"

My mom couldn't stop nagging me to take care of that germy area, because honestly it looked like a place where only rats and roaches live. It was full with things that i didn't know what, it could be dead bodies inside there. Well, it wasn't that I was lazy, I was just very depressed about my Masters applications, it didn't go anywhere. Even if I wanted to submit the apps packet, I couldn't because I was still waiting for my lecturer's recommendation letter. I had one copy but I lost it. I almost believed that my dream to go abroad crushed like Hulk grasping a thin glass in his bare hand.

Then, spoken the order for second time, "Taufik, what did I say? Go do it now..."

"Hold on, I'll be right on it." After enjoying a blissful delay of several minutes, finally I lifted my butt up and started doing my chores. I folded the clothes, rearranged some stuffs, and swipe the floor. Then, I got to the scary place. The place where curses might be dwelling, and quiet monster might be waiting for the next conjuring up. It's the bottom side of my bed!

No, I exaggerated, it's not as unlivable as above, but the so many stuffs there can cause terrible headache by just being looked at. I started taking out one of them, which was a basket with old books. Then, I pulled an old bag with nothing inside. Then, I took out a plastic bag that hid my sunglass! My sunglass! I was getting excited and more excited. Then, I found a milk bottle that my nephew cried his heart out for losing. Then, suddenly, I was taken aback, that in one corner of the messiness and disorderliness, laid a very important document that I had been looking for... It was my lecturer's recommendation letter!! I was basically screaming and jumping around like I was on springs.



Then, it hit me. Oh my God, let's say I refused to obey my mom. Let's say I decided to extend that so-called wonderful postponement and lying on the bed. Would I ever have ever found the document and submit the apps packet the very same day? Would I ever have cam-whored myself with my rediscovered sunglass? That's why they say, mother's words are full of blessings...

So, friends, listen to your mother. They know best. They might not know many of the things you do, like directing the cursor to a certain button, or replacing the plug of your bike, or searching for TV channels, but they do know what's best for you, more than you do yourself. Believe me, I know...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

ah finally boleh comment! hehe.. taufik2, tu la klu dgr ckp mak dr dulu kan dah lame da jumpe document tu.. hehehe =P

aku pon slalu je cam2.. ye2 xnk dgr ckp, pas2 t mesti jumpe je hikmah di sebalik mendgr ckp mak ni.. so good for you, n all the best for your masters application!

Mr Bubu said...

Yeap2.
I usually am reluctant to follow what my mum says. But alhamdulillah the wisdom behind all those reached me and I can't agree more to what you have just pointed :)

Moms know the best, most of the time. It may not make sense to u sometimes, but it will, sooner or later. (Or that's just how God tests us whether we respect our parents or not) :)

*Ahkirnya, dpt komen. Abes la ko Taufik... :P

Unknown said...

ili and shams: you guys are right...that day i was very taken aback with the miraculousness of mother's advice...hmmm..

shams, takot aku skrg ko dh bole komen!

Azihan Aripin said...

"Believe me, I know..."..this your last word of the above article..

I also experience the same thing..but unfortunetly it's bad thing after i disobey my mom advice.. I still remember the last word he said before i go to the place where Allah s.w.t shows me the power of Mother Doa.. She said' in Malay "X patah, ringkat", which means if i not receive a bad luck i will receive a less bad luck.

Some way or another i seems like she curse me..but for me that's something i deserve for disobey her. What happen to me then??? Biarlah rahsia..huhu

I believe there are also many stories about mothers prayers...and one of the stories i also share at my blog (perihalmanusia.blogspot.com). But it's in Malay..

Unknown said...

bitaula jian...aku mahu tahu ni...huhuhuhuh