Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Friday, January 22, 2010

One Last Week

Wow, it's finally the final week of my working life at Shell Superkad Services Sdn. Bhd. I can't believe I actually stayed for more than 2 months in a call centre and I should say that despite how I frown upon going to this workplace everyday, I value the experience and knowledge this job has been offering. When I gave the 30-day notice to my boss, I can't help but notice that Kubler-Ross' 5 Stages of Dying - err, resigning - actually happen to me...

1) Denial: When the environment, job scope, the atmosphere, people, and every aspect of the job subtly demanded me to resign, I actually believed that I could handle at least a half year in a call centre. I tried refusing to accept the fact that it's time for me to kiss the workplace goodbye.

2) Anger: I realized that I couldn't continue denying, and in fact I couldn't continue anything at all. I was forced to write the resignation letter and actually babbled to myself angrily, "Why must I resign? Why can't just I be a little bit better and make this job worthwhile to you? Why do you have to give up now?"

3) Bargaining: Before submitting the notice, I actually spent an amount of time thinking if I could just at least stay for the bonus came in. I thought, at least if you really want to resign, make the exit an acceptable one. I went back and forth to the thought of resigning now or resigning 2 months later.

4) Depression: I submitted the notice after I realized that I couldn't afford to stay for another month. I felt like I just admitted defeat and really had no energy to even say, "Shell Service Centre, Taufik speaking, how may I assist you?" It felt like I lost control.

5) Acceptance: I finally made peace with my decision to resign. I came to terms to believing that it's going to be the best decision I would ever make, and yes, it seems so day by day.

Now it's the last week of my working life, and I'll try making the best out of it. Maybe it'll be the hardest week ever. I don't know. But I can hope that it'll be the best week ever.

Ameen...

2 comments:

Mr Bubu said...

Good. Don't feel regretful of what u hv decided Taufik :) (especially for that +bonus :P)

May Allah give u something better iAllah. Ameen~

Unknown said...

Thanks Shams... Feeling like this decision is the best one in my working life... :)