Dreams...
It may be a dream afraid of waking up, or it may be a dream coming to realization in the next morning.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Redha...

In psychological literature, a lot of research have shown the relationship between having the right attitude and performance in an organization. What I say in here is strictly not researched yet, but I do believe that there are some mediating variables that bridge this relationship. Some of you are students, so I guess you understand that this relationship also applies to your academic life.

Yes, this is a common sense kind of issue, we all know this. Perhaps you already muttered it, “Duh! Taufik, write something more chic!”. But, how often do we really remember to actually have the right attitude? Why do so many people still fail in one subject repeatedly? Why do so many people still do mistakes that once was made? Obviously, because when the advice is obvious, we become oblivious.

Hence, the word Redha (consent, willingness, accepting) comes in. My very nice team leader, Zahirah (I really wish she has the best of everything in life) pointed this out for me and made me realize, when we don’t really feel the consent of what that has come our way, for a very good example, me working at a call centre, our performance drops down. Perhaps because Redha is interrelated with passion and passion is interrelated with trying hard enough. We barely give efforts to things whose existence we frown upon.

I am moved to write about this because I realized how much screwed-up my working life is because my attitude about call centre is screwed-up in the first place. Day by day I witness the fallout of my lack of efforts and troubles I caused people just because I worked here due to the desperation to feel like a grownup. And I am telling you, that ain’t the right attitude.

So, as my respectful close friend, Jason Aw said, embrace everything that comes your way. Make it something valuable and an experience that actually makes you smile when you’re old and gray, and you are reminiscing about it. As another wise anonymous old man said,

4 comments:

Iliad said...

I 110% agree!

Unknown said...

tenkiu ilyah! :)

Nawwar said...

taufik.. you are so right. was nodding all the way as i read it.. and lagi plak aku rs aku ade mslh same skang.. huhu..

btw, that saying. fav tu! kt fb profile aku ade! haha

Unknown said...

ko ada masalah sama ke? kat tmpt keje ke?

eh, ada ye? katne yhe?